PDF 417 barcode is a 2D barcode symbology that is able to encode more than 1000 characters.
With Barcodesoft PDF417 barcode font package and Microsoft® Access®, it has never been so easy to print PDF417 bar code from your Windows computer and desktop printer.
1. Install PDF417 demo on your computer.
2. Open DOS prompt. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, please Open DOS prompt as administrator.
Please go to the following folder
CD C:\Program Files\Common Files\Barcodesoft\FontUtil
Type in the following DOS command to register crUFLbcs.dll
3. Start Microsoft® Access® first.
If you are using Access 2000 or 2003, click menu ===> Tools ==> Macro ===> Security. Choose Low security level.
If you are using Access 2007 / 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019, click the Microsoft Office Button.
Then click Access Options, choose Trust Center. In the Macro Settings category, under Macro Settings, choose "Enable all macros" as shown below.
4. Press ALT + F11 to open Microsoft® Visual Basic editor.
5. From Visual Basic editor, choose menu Tools ===> References. It will popup a dialog. Click Browse button and choose cruflbcs.dll from your working folder.
Usually it's under C:\Program File\CommonFiles\Barcodesoft\Fontutil folder.
Click the checkbox beside crUFLBcs 4.0 Type Library as shown below. Then click OK button.
6. Press Ctrl+M, it will popup a dialog, choose barcodesoft.bas under C:\Program File\CommonFiles\Barcodesoft\Fontutil folder. Then click "Open".
If you don't find barcodesoft.bas, please download it from pdf417.
Or you can copy and paste from code snippet below
Public Function PDF_417(strToEncode As String) As String
Dim obj As cruflBCS.CPDF417
Set obj = New cruflBCS.CPDF417
PDF_417 = obj.Encode(strToEncode, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
;The second parameter is string index, default value is zero.
; The third to 7th parameters are MaxRow, FixedColumn, Security, Compaction Mode and Truncated options
Set obj = Nothing
Public Function MicroPDF417(strToEncode As String) As String
Dim obj As cruflBCS.CMicroPDF417
Set obj = New cruflBCS.CMicroPDF417
MicroPDF417 = obj.Encode(strToEncode)
Set obj = Nothing
7. Close Visual Basic and go back to your Access database. Now, create a report in Design view and type in one of the following macros in the field where you want to show PDF417 barcode before apply font typeface:
Please notice that 'data' is the Table name, 'code' is the Field name.
8. Right click the field you want to display pdf417 barcode. Choose Properties from context menu. Apply one of the appropriate font typefaces to the field, such as BcsPDF417.
Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.